2.09.2009

For the Love of Red

I hate beginning posts with the ever-lame “sorry for not posting,” but, sorry for not posting. I have been taking it easy and enjoying my last days here before heading to the Old Line State. Only 12 more office days to go! Giddy-up!

In the last week or so I have been doing plenty of cooking and plenty of eating. Here are some delicious foodie pics.


Homemade pretzels with Red Hawaiian Salt

Steak and Shrimp

Last night’s dinner of Chicken breast stuffed with homemade stuffing with toasted almonds and granny smith apples, Roasted herbed potato rounds with Parmesan Cheese and the black sheep, disgusting mixed veggies. Everything was made from scratch except the nasty veggies which came from a bag tucked in the back of the freezer. It was that junk or no veggies at all… and we can’t have that. I tried adding salt and butter and a splash of balsamic vinegar, but they were still gross.

I also made these little mini apple pie cuties. With a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt… decadent and classic.

Today I am sporting two newbies: a haircut and a sweater. I happily wore both to the movies on Saturday night... and I don't know which I love more. My hair finally fits me again, it was looking a little matronly before... yuk. I feel sassy again! I once heard a woman say that if you want a mans attention get a haircut and a new pair of jeans. Did I mention I bought jeans on Saturday too... they were on sale... I couldn't resist! And the sweater is just so soft and warm…and goes so well with red! But, in my opinion, everything is better with red.

Today's Useless Trivia:
Fleas can jump more than 200 times their body length.
Somehow that is seriously disgusting .

1 comment:

Julita said...

Yey! You're back and posting! I love reading your blog, and after seeing you hadn't posted in a while, and then checking in today, woohoo, lots to read (gotta catch up)! BTW, the haircut is fabulous! Absolutely looks fantastic on you. Way to go girl!