The rules are as follows:
-List six things that make you happy
-Pass the award on to 6 more kreativ bloggers
-Link back to the person who gave you the award
-Link to the people you are passing it on to and leave them a comment to let them know
Six things that make me Happy:
1. Spending time with my little family. By that I mean the hubs, KJ and my pooch Jet, short for Super Sonic Jet Pulverizer. Yeah.
2. Red Lipstick and Nail polish. My Grandfather once told me when I was young that "ladies" only wear red or clear nail polish. Even at 8 I knew that was just an old man's last generation pre-women's lib opinion, but what can I say? It stuck with me.
3. Finding the perfect outfit with the perfect shoes... heels naturally.
5. Christmas... but not the 'away in a manger' holy christmas, more the Rudolph and Santa hustling bustling commercialized Christmas in all its tinselized glory. And let's not forget the all the food associated with the holidays!
6. Ella Fitzgerald... she never hit a wrong note. And how many vocalists do you know have their own room in the Smithsonian?
Now to pass it on. Here are the blogs I am loving today:
- First and foremost, the lovely giver of the Kreative award Q's Daydream.
- Freelancers Fashion Blog
- Shoe of Salvation
- Art and Ghosts
- Blackbird Studio
- My daily inspiration to love my clothes A Cat of Impossible Colour
I almost forgot Today's Useless Trivia:
An anteaters tounge averages over two feet in length.
Here is the piece you were able to see sneak-peek style last week. It was a hand-painted banner that two groomsmen unfurled at the close of the ceremony, right after the reverend announced them as MR. and MRS. for the first time! It is exactly what every bride wants to hear at the close of her wedding, "...and they lived happily ever after." It was an exciting moment for all! I was very happy with the way it looked and was presented... minus the groomsmen holding it crooked. Oh well, we can't win them all.
Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
In the meantime, here are some older images to keep your eyes happy.
Today's Useless Trivia:
The cost to build the Empire State Building was $40,948,900.
Today's Useless Trivia:
August is the month when most baby's are born... I guess that means that November is the month when most babies are made.
9. Green Eggs and Ham… Dr. Suess's perfect balance of art, food and literature.
7. Martha Stewart: The crafting, cooking, planning, organizing and business empire building Queen. The quintessential home maker, Martha's recipes are the perfect collision of crafting and culinary arts.
5. Jidlo: a short by Jan Svankmajer- a long short, but totally worth it. Ever seen a man eat his pants and shoes? http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23oru_jidlo-aka-food-jan-svankmajer-1992_fun1992_fun
4. Patianne Stevenson (right) Sculptural and painted representations of food. Always good to pay it forward to another artist.
3. I love you with my Ford by James Rosenquist http://www.guggenheim.org/exhibitions/rosenquist/highlights2.html
The first Eskimo Bible was printed in Copenhagen in 1744.