2.25.2009

Another Shot at Glory

They look better... but we all know the proof is in the pudding. Hmmm, is it okay to use an unrelated food euphemism when describing a food? I'll let you know how these puppies taste once I cut into them and whether or not the recipe is worth sharing.
Pre-cooked loaves... I had to get creative with the parchment. I went to roll out what I needed and all I got was a thin little strip. I made it work though.

Definitely shinier this time around... what do you think?
Today I am running errands and trying to get packed for a vacation that isn't happening for 3 weeks. If I waited to pack until after the move though, I know it would be disastrous. I'd rather be ready to go so that I can focus on setting up our new living space. I am more excited for the move each day. Although it probably won't set in until after I return from Florida and realize that I won't be going home to the cushy little condo I have now. It is sad, but I am too excited to make a new home for us to dwell on this one. We have nothing but good times ahead of us and I am ready to start our new adventure together. Here is what we have in our immediate future to get things started: boutique shopping with my Bestie in Baltimore (she has already left me a frantic message describing, in broken shopping English, that she stumbled on a Vintage shop with a great sale), Lithuanian and Ethiopian cuisine with Friends and a Father-Daughter day spent lurking around museums in Washington DC. I also have to put my nose to the Real Estate books. The Hubs and I only have 90 days, which is probably to about 80 now, to take and pass our Maryland Real Estate test or else our New Jersey Real Estate abstracts (a record of our education) will no longer be valid and we will have to re-apply. Did I ever mention I was a Realtor? I haven't been practicing in New Jersey for a while, just processing and running an office. After meeting and working with some Realtors in my office, I realized I need to get back in the game... not because of their inspirational sales skills, but more because they were morons.
Today's Useless Trivia:
Presidential pets have been a varied bunch: The Bushes had Scottish terriers, Woodrow Wilson had a tobacco-chewing ram and William Howard Taft had, fittingly, a cow. Did you know that John Quincy Adams, our sixth president, housed an alligator in a bathroom in the East Room of the White House? True story.

2 comments:

Andrea Eames said...

They look so yummy!

Eileen Chong said...

OMG, priceless phrase: broken shopping English. I will so steal that!

Good luck with the move, I know exactly how crazy it gets but also know that it will settle down for the better soon. Have a great holiday too :)s