2.12.2009

Get the Wax out Abe

Not too much time to post today. Everything is going wrong at work... my luck! Anyway, I came accross this when trying to plan my first museum day after I move to Maryland. Smithsonian's here I come!


Today's Useless Trivia:

After Lincoln's assassination, Mary Todd, his wife, was hysterical for months and finally her son Robert asked for a hearing to determine her sanity. In 1875, she was formally committed to an institution for the insane. She was released after 4 months, and died in 1882 at the age of 63. Only one of Lincoln's 4 sons survived adolescence: Robert Todd Lincoln, who served as Secretary of War under President Garfield.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, i do hope work gets better!! I love your blog btw :)

TERI REES WANG said...

So odd, it seems as if his expression has been altered during the grooming process!...?

Unknown said...

What a picture! lol. It's ashame that Lincoln doesn't have any descendants. It would be awesome to see a History channel special interviewing the descendants of famous political icons.