2.27.2009

The Camera Took No Adventure Today

Today I spent the afternoon with a close friend and her four month old baby. I love hanging out with them... and it's nice to get a little practice. My family is full of babies, but I only get to see them for such a short time. Little Danny is the first baby I have really hung out with on a regular basis. I love getting to see him grow but it is a little bittersweet. I have second cousins that I know less about. Granted, having four and five states between us is pretty good reason for not seeing them regularly, but it still makes me a little sad.

Tonight the Hubs and I are hanging out with another couple... we are sure to have a heated game of Trivial Pursuit. I am determined to have my husband on my team tonight. Somehow or another everytime we play this game he is on the other team. Fun at first, until he starts winning. No one talks more smack than my hubby when he's winning. It would be great for once not to be on the receiving end.

In June I am taking my first trip to Mexico. I am so excited that I am already planning my wardrobe. So the purpose of this trip, aside from pleasure, is to attend a wedding. The wedding is going to be a fairly formal wedding on the beach. Well, the ceremony will be on the beach, but the reception is going to be on a terrace. So outside, but in a place where I can wear heels. Thank goodness, I hate being without that extra four inches of height. When your height barely kisses five feet, you get a bit of a Napleon Complex I guess. So, now I am trying to design my perfect out fit for the wedding. It has to be breezy because it is June practically on the Equator, but it needs to be a little formal also. And would it be too much to ask for it to have at least a touch of vintage in it?

This is my current shoppers-fantasy-favorite. Nothing about it is Vintage, but it looks so edgy I had to fall in love with it. I hadn't realized that edgy-ness could cancle out lack of Vintage-ness. Naturally, in my dream world I would also own the Jimmy Choo shoes she is wearing with the Jean Paul Gaultier dress.

You can buy the dress and shoes here... if you want to give up both an arm and a leg.

Today's Useless Trivia:

Jean Paul Gaultier is a French fashion designer who never received formal training. He started by selling fashion sketches to established designers. He is known as the enfant terrible, or bad boy of French.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know how it is to win against a significant other at Trivial Pursuit consistently! lol

*Diane* said...

I can see why you love this dress. This is spring and summery. I definitely going to hunt for one..

Andrea Eames said...

I had no idea Gaultier had no formal training - how interesting!

And yay for trips to Mexico! Sounds like it's going to be fun.