2.24.2009

Relaxing with My Breakfast Bread

My attempt at breakfast bread was a little disappointing. I admit, if I had never had Publix Breakfast Bread before, I would probably be pretty happy with it... but my tastebuds have known the truth. It needed twice the fruit, maybe more, twice the nuts and an egg yolk wash on top to make it shiny. I also think it needs brown flour... or maybe brown sugar instead of molassas, which just made it yellow. I will have to experiment. It helps that I will be in Florida in a couple of weeks where I can read the label with the ingredients listed for me. Until then I will just have to keep tweaking the current recipe. As soon as I master it, or get close, I will be sure to share the recipe.

The loaf before baking.
The final product. It just doesn't glow like the Publix kind.


Here is a photo I took out and about.
Today's Useless Trivia:
Drying is the oldest method of preserving food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mine looked the same as yours...
i am still working on tweaking the recipe...
still searching
housewife and mother from WI