2.26.2009

A Beagle and a Beach

Here is where today took us. A Goodbye to Long Beach Island.


This dog would do anything for food. Believe me.

A healthy fear of the ocean is good for everyone.

Just so you know, the second round of Breakfast Bread was an exceedingly monumental failure. I'm too irritated now to try again. At least until after I get to Florida and taste the real deal again. Normally when I eat Breakfast Bread I'm just eating to enjoy and have breakfast. This time I am eating with intent to replicate. I may also try to bribe a member of the Publix Bakery staff into giving me the recipe.

This time next week I will be rellishing the thought of one more full day and night in this little home. March 7 is fast approaching. Yesterday I thought it was three weeks away... it SO isn't.


Today's Useless Trivia:

Sharks attack some 50-75 people each year worldwide, with perhaps 8-12 fatalities, according to data compiled in the International Shark Attack File (ISAF). Although shark attacks get a lot of attention, this is far less than the number of people killed each year by elephants, bees, crocodiles, lightning or many other natural dangers. On the other side of the ledger, we kill somewhere between 20-100 million sharks every year through fishing activities.

2 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

I love beagles!

Sharks scare me!!!! I'm such a great swimmer, but I won't go in the ocean past my waist, if that! lol :o)

LadyRed said...

I am also TERRIFIED of sharks. I will go in the ocean, but never for very long. Ever been in a pool by yourself and think of a shark? I have to hop out of the water immediately... if not sooner. It's like being a kid and running out of the dark basement because you are CERTAIN the boogeyman is right on your heels.