2.21.2009

A Busy Day and a Deep Sleep

Today went by faster than I could have imagined. I awoke this morning feeling well-rested and rejuvinated. For whatever reason I slept better last night than I have in two weeks. I still had crazy dreams though... something I had plenty of this past week. Last night's is a little blurry.. there was a giant purple octupus and an appearance from Robert Downy Junior. Dream interpreters chime in any time.

After coffee was errands and a trip to Subway, followed by an afternoon with the In-Laws and a decadent dinner at one of our favorite Restaurants. It's Italian, priced well and comical in it's portion sizes. The leftovers from my meal alone will be dinner for both me and the Hubs tomorrw night. I had homemade pasta ribbons with grilled chicken in a basil cream sauce topped with toasted pinenuts. Outstanding. I am still feeling full as I type this to you now... and I love it.

Last night I had the pleasure of playing a rousing round of Dominoes with some great friends. Don't judge... Dominoes is an addictively fun game. You begin with rolling eyes and end asking, "So where did you buy this and how much was it?"

At the end of the evening as we were putting on our coats and finishing up our conversation, we somehow digressed to the coasters sitting on the kitchen table. Four glass coasters, thick and rectangular with a photo frame built in. "Mommy, Daddy, Baby and Doggie," my friend suggested. But her husband had a better idea.

This, I'm sure, would always add to dinner conversation with guests.

Tomorrow a little R & R and a little wedding chat with a friend. I love weddings. Especially when I get to take part in some way.

Today's Useless Trivia: For Glove:

The original title of Jane Austen's novel Pride and Prejudice was First Impressions.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Now I am desperately craving pasta!

lgiove said...

Just noticed the shout out, thanks girl! Reading my book as we speak (or type...)