3.05.2009

A Cardboard Blur

I am up to my ears in cardboard boxes. Actually, most of the stacks of boxes tower far over my head.


Things
blankets
candles
sewing boxes and seasonings
tossed
around and in
blurring the origin of memories.





Our last Saturday night meal at home: Cornish hens in a cranberry orange glaze, croissant stuffing and fresh steamed green beans followed by a homemade creme brulee.
The last breakfast cooked here: a Cowboy egg. Just toss a piece of bread with the center cut out into a pan, crack an egg in the middle and cook to your desired doneness. Tasty and easy.
No matter how much planning you do, you always end up like this. Standing in the middle of a box-filled room thinking, "where the hell is my..."
... Cutting board. In this case it was already packed away. We made due with a make-shift cutting board made of a Home Depot packing box and some parchment paper. It did the trick!
My beloved beagle staging a sit-in protest to the move.
Today's Useless Trivia: What sets poetry apart from prose? The right side of the page.

5 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

Aww, I know the feeling!

Love you dog so much! :o)

Brad Gailey said...

When Laura and I moved to our home here, our two Yorkshires were terribly put out with the moving. There were some comforters in the middle of the living room floor and they commandeered them figuring that the comforters would not be left behind and waited there to be moved. Pretty smart, eh! Good luck and take care.

Brad

Shannon said...

This is why I am not looking forward to moving!

That creme brulee looks so good - you are amazing!

Andrea Eames said...

Ah, moving. What more can you say? Horrible process.

Unknown said...

lol my mom used to always make me the "cowboy egg" and I had no idea it was called that...I'll have to let her know! lol