1.02.2009

Kickin' the Blues

This morning when I woke up I could feel the post-holiday blues setting in. I love Christmas so much it is painful to see it over. I found myself not wanting to get out of bed and wanting to play hookie from work. Negotiating with myself, I thought about dressing for comfort and starting the countdown until I could be back in bed. Instead, I decided to take my latest lesson of 2008 and dress to impress, even if it is only for me. Maybe dressing nicely on the first day (out of the house) of 2009 is like making your bed in the morning. One sets the tone for the day, the other sets the tone for the year. As soon as I slipped on my blue tights, I felt my holiday blues fading away. Out with the old, in with the blue! "Bon chic, bon genre!" Good style, good attitude! Who could be in a bad mood when you have Smurf legs!?

Blue Bolero: Old Navy; Skirt: Gap; Tights: Target; Boots: Don't even remember... they're ancient

Tonight = Pizza and doing all the Un-decorating of Christmas. Although I'm sad to see it go it means focusing on my other favorite holiday: MY BIRTHDAY! 177 DAYS TO GO!!

Today's Useless Trivia... Since I brought it up: The reason there is only one female Smurf is because, to infiltrate the Smurf village, Gargamel created Smurfette and sent her in to disrupt the village. However, the overwhelming goodness of the Smurfs turned Smurfette from evil to good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your decision, dress to impress, even if it's just for you! Happy new year!

Andrea Eames said...

Now I have the smurf song stuck in my head. "La la la la la la, la la la la laaa ..." :D

Happy new year, blue-stockinged lady!

*Diane* said...

You look fantastic! and i do believe it was blue tights day on friday :-)