1.05.2009

Holiday Reprecussions

The best part about dresses is that they give you some room to ignore any potential holiday related weight gain. Today I am not wearing a dress. Suddenly, I can hear the treadmill and free-weights calling my name. My timing couldn't be better either... tomorrow night is the premiere of the new season of The Biggest Loser. It is such an inspirational show, whether you have 2 or 200 pounds to lose. If you aren't familiar... you can find a brief overview of upcoming season 6 here.

Over the oh-so-short weekend I was able to get a good start on the project I am working on. It is going to be a collage, but I needed to have a good background that was textured, but not too busy. Computer paper print-outs died with a couple cups of strong coffee was exactly what the doctor ordered.

Paper soaking in Java.

Dyed and crumpled drying in the sunset. Crumpling the paper helps the coffee to pool and give a better sense of depth in the texture.

A completed stack. Stay tuned to see them on the canvas.

Today's Useless Trivia:

The Bible is the number one shoplifted book in America.

4 comments:

Andrea Eames said...

Looks intriguing!

And I am suffering post-holiday remorse as well. So much pudding!

Passionate Eater said...

Wow, that looks beautiful. I wonder what kind of color tea would give to the paper.

LadyRed said...

LadyRed said...
a cat of impossible colour... pudding!? why must you say the word? I have a certain weakness for bread pudding... let the lip biting begin!

Passionate Eater... thanks for stopping by! I have used black tea before, but I have never tried colored tea. Green tea might be quite nice...

Kim Caro said...

yeah dresses ARE nice but mine are typically fitted :P