1.13.2009

From Last Week to This

From last week to this, I have found myself to be a running contradiction of emotions. At the close of last work week I felt hopeless, helpless and taken advantage of. This week I feel like I am back in the driver seat. If changes won't come to me, I will go to them. All the work-related turmoil I sustained last week had a silver-lining. Soon, very soon, I am expecting to be out of an overly stressfull office and back in some familiar territory... home. I think a change of scenery is just what me and my little family need to jumpstart the new year.

Over the weekend, while taking time to digest everything, I had time to enjoy some simple luxuries.

Homemade Carrot Apple Ginger Juice. Refreshing, healthy and lovely for the eyes.

Mr. Jet looking out the car window... first at nothing. Then he challenged this puffy dog to a stare-down duel. Still, quiet and concentrated... a rarity when another dog is in plain view. Anyone who has ever owned a beagle knows they are HOWLERS!!

Friday night pizza before it was cooked. It was chocked with pepperoni, sausage, red pepper, green pepper, onions, parm and oregano. Delish.

Friday night pizza after cooking. Why did I post this when lunch is so far away? Pizza is inticing any time of day.

I also had time to visit some of my favorite thrift stores. I didn't find anything that totally knocked my socks off, but I did have some good finds. I will be sure to let you have a peek before the week is through. But to hold you over I would like to post a picture from this past fall. It may be one of my best thrifted finds to date. It was for a fall classic cocktail party I attended in October. The invite for the party said "creative black tie optional". What exactly do you do with that? Well the hubs and I decided to go with an 80's prom theme. I must say we look dashing... I wish I had a full body shot of my outfit, because the patent leather spiked heels really topped it off. I'm sure I'll have a chance to wear it again soon, if not I might just put it on and wear it around the house for my own enjoyment. Sorry, I guess I will always have to cover KJ's face with cartoon hearts... such a modest lad. Oh, and yes, I'm rocking spiked hair. What's the point of having it this short if you don't have fun with it once and a while?

Vintage Prom dress by Gunney Sax.

Today's Useless Trivia:

The Regal Horned Lizard has quite the bizarre line of defense. When feeling threatened, particularly by foxes, wolves or dogs, this lizard builds up pressure in it's sinuses and releases a stream of nasty blood right into it's predators face. Think it sounds disgusting... it's worse to watch.

No comments: