1.07.2009

If the Rain fits

Yesterday I had an awful, maybe the worst ever, day in the office. It kept me from sleeping last night and is continuing to stress me out today. I have worked for companies in the past that give me the distinct feeling of not mattering and being just a number, and it never turns out well. When I start to get an inkling of that feeling again I can feel the claws start to come out. As the old saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Now I just have to stick to what I know to be best.

In spite of my inner icky-ness this morning, I tried to add a touch of vintage to an otherwise boring-corporate-office-outfit.

Cardigan: The Limited
Fur Collar: Vintage
Charm Bracelet: Vintage

Today's Useless Trivia:
The Ritz cracker was introduced to markets in 1934, but gourmets had to wait until 1953 for the invention of cheese in a can.

3 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

I'm sorry you didn't have a good day...You look fabulous though, I love this pic! :o)

Andrea Eames said...

You look lovely! Sorry to hear about your bad day. I'm a huge advocate for quitting hated jobs whenever you can, after working in a job I hated for so long (work was fine, it was the company that was the problem). I hope things start looking up soon!

A xx

LadyRed said...

To everyone who stopped in today and commented, thank you so much for your kind words! It is always helpful to get a supportive shout-out!

a cat of impossible colour: The best part about your comment is that by the time I read it I already had quitting on the brain. That's the thing about us artists... as soon as our creativity or individuality is threatened we rebel with a passion!

Q's Daydream: Thanks Chica!