1.14.2009

ALMOST Tied Together with a Pretty Bow

Today my outfit, much like my office situation, was ALMOST tied together with a pretty bow... but not quite. I wanted to wear this today, but it was just too utterly cold to have this much skin exposed on my arms and neck. I ended up switching out the cardigan for a long-sleeved crewneck cardigan and ditching the bow. Now it's just a plain old outfit... but at least I was fancy for a minute.

Cardigan: Ann Taylor; Satin Sash: JCrew; Pearl Earrings: Vintage; Slacks: Express

I must be getting old... or at least thinking like an old person. In my younger years when faced with the prospect of moving to a new house, and being able to decorate with all new ideas and having a fresh new environment to acclamate to... it was exciting. Now it's a little less exciting and a little more exhausting. I'm still looking forward to having a new space to decorate and having a fresh environment, but actually packing and moving and trucking and tredging... not so much.

Today's Useless Trivia:

Beer is made by fermentation cause by bacteria feeding on yeast cells and then defecating. In other words, it's a nice tall glass of bacteria doo-doo. A deliciously tall glass of bacteria doo-doo... Cheers! Or should I say, bottoms up!

4 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

I know what you mean by saying it's too cold! Love the look though, maybe when it's warmer! :o)

Brad Gailey said...

Hey!, a little more gentle on the persons of vintage.

Brad

Andrea Eames said...

1. You look lovely! It's a pity it was too cold, but your gorgeous bow is now preserved for all time on the Internet. :)

2. Good luck with the move!

3. I'm glad you're feeling more in control at work.

4. Your eighties prom dress is GORGEOUS. I love your spiked hair in that shot!

A xx

LadyRed said...

Q: Plain old cold is no fun at all... at least it looks like you are getting some snow along with it! I'm super jealous!

Brad: No disrespect!! Persons of the vintage variety are my favorite : )

A: 1. Thank goodness! At least no bow has gone to waste!

2. Thanks... I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

3. Planning on quitting is the best control you can have!!

4. Thank you so much!! I had to keep up with your recently thrifted black and white number ; )

Thanks for stopping by all... I love your comments and it's nice to feel like people you have never met can empathize with what I'm going through! Ah, the human experience.