4.15.2009

One More Boring Winter Office Outfit

Now that I am officially a licensed Realtor in Maryland now I have to affiliate with a broker in order to practice. So, the inevitable boring office wardrobe has returned. It's difficult to balance your need to look creative with the need the be professional with the need to try and look as 'adult-like' as possible. Unfortunately, when I have tried my hand at home sales in the past I am greeted with a distaste for my youthful appearance. The last time I sold a home was about four years ago and I have learned SO much about the world of Real Estate since then, so I feel very competent and capable this time around, and I'm sure that will reflect in my demeanor, but it's nice to have a very professional look to finish it all off. No one trusts a schlep.
So, this is what I wore to my office today. Everything in the outfit is ages old, but I have never actually tried this combination before.
Collared T-shirt: Old Navy
Short Sleeved Blazer: Rampage
Pin-striped pencil skirt: GAP
Red Belt: Nine West
On a quick side note, as you know I am a huge dog-lover. Not just my dog... all dogs. I have a belief that dogs are the most noble and honorable creatures on the planet. Don't forget our pooches are suffering in these times too. If you have a couple of bones to spare, send them on over to Donate 4 Dachshunds and help out little paws everywhere.
Today's Useless Trivia:
A hobble skirt is a skirt with a narrow enough hem to significantly impede the wearer's stride, thus earning its name. A knee-long corset is also used to achieve this effect. Although restrictive skirts first appeared in Western fashion in 1880s, the term was first used in reference to a short-lived trend of narrow skirts in around 1910-1913. The Parisian fashion designer Paul Poiret is sometimes credited with the design, inspired by the widespread Oriental influence on Western culture, but in fact the extreme hobble skirt is an evolution of the narrowing skirt seen in fashion since the turn of the century.

1 comment:

lgiove said...

NOT boring at all! Can't wait to see the new blog..you blogster, you :)