4.17.2009

Classic Comfort

Today I need to get a ton of things done, most of which includes outdoor spring cleaning to prepare for a visit from the In-Laws. The weather is supposed to be just perfect tomorrow, so I'm really looking forward to it. Not too much to report, but here is my outfit from yesterday. It was the first day all week that wasn't saturated with rain. When I woke up to sun I literally jumped out of bed to open all the blinds and curtains.
Collared Shirt: Old Navy
Jeans: Hydraulic
Cowboy Boots and Belt: Courtesy of my Mom's Closet
Today's Useless Trivia:
The boots cowboys wear are just a result of practical design. The higher, often undercut heel is to hook the bar of the stirrup when riding, helping to keep the foot secure. The pointed toe makes it easier to get the foot into the stirrup. The high top is to protect the lower leg from hazards when out on the range. The fancy patterns were originally unique to each person, to distinguish your boots from mine.

No comments: