4.12.2009

Easteriffic

Happy Easter one and all. I hope you are enjoying your Sunday. I don't really celebrate Easter really, just any day that requires family to get together and eat copious amounts of food. Today's Easter celebration is small, just the immediate family. That isn't stopping me from trying to roast a five and a half pound leg of lamb. I have never eaten it before which may make cooking it a little difficult because I don't really know what it should be like when cooked perfectly. I am certainly a meat-lover though, so I think I'll be okay. I'll let you know how it goes.
This Easter Mom and I decided to decorate eggs, a Craftastic project I haven't done in years. Instead of doing the traditional hard-boiled eggs we decided to use wooden eggs that we picked up at the craft store. It was a little more expensive, but worth it since now we will be able to take them out again next year. The technique was ridiculously easy and was featured in the latest issue of Martha Stewart magazine. All you need is paint, scissors, napkins, brushes and Mod Podge. They ended up looking nothing like what I had in mind, but they are beautiful in a completely unexpected way. Initially I wanted very graphic and dynamic eggs in a simple two tone pallate. When I couldn't find the napkins that fit the project, I had to work with what I had. The result: Water Color Easter Eggs. I love them.
The pre-decorated eggs. I decided to use all warm tones.
My favorite egg is back row in the very center. It is yellow with only orange-red flowers. It looks like it is covered in Poppies.
Today's Useless Trivia:
Approximately 60 million chocolate bunnies are purchased and consumed by Americans during the Easter holiday compared to about 600 million marshmellow peeps. Really people? Neon marshmellows over chocolate? I will never understand this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look lovely! I used to decorate eggs with my mum and my two sisters when I was little, kinda miss it.

The vintage fair I talked about was in London. Thanks for the comment, and have a happy Easter!

Massfreak16 said...

Just wanted you and everyone else to know how amazing of a person and wife you are!

I am so lucky to have you in my life! You unfailingly inspire me and put a smile on my face each and everyday! Thank you for taking care of me today when I needed it! Luv you! KB