11.27.2008

Vacation=Palm trees

I am loving my Floridian vacation... and maybe a tad more now that my mom is here too.  I have decided that vacation = palm trees.  And I am certainly on vacation.
      
We have a bit of a "Where's Waldo?" situation here... can you see my husband?

Yesterday we went to Tarpon Springs, a little local, and mostly touristy area, dominated by Greek culture.  It also happens to be the sponge capital of the world, so every store has sponges a plenty.
          

Obviously, we were right on the water.  Here are some more of my favorite shots:
Sand dollars

Spices from the Tea and Spice market.  I picked up some Rainforest tea, black lava salt 
and hawaiian red salt.  Aren't the colors beautifully saturated?

I love the juxtaposition of water and christmas decorations.  Not what I'm used to, but that's
 why I love it!

I was only four feet away from this bird... at the max!  He didn't even flinch.

Today's Useless Trivia:
The average child uses 730 crayons by their 10th birthday.

No comments: