11.18.2008

A Deep Sigh of Relief

Finally... the wedding is over and I can BREATHE EASY ! It was one hell of an exhausting weekend, which made it not feel like a weekend at all. Friday was spent traveling to Baltimore, Maryland (where the event was to be held) and preparing for the ceremony rehearsal at the venue. Luckily I was able to spend Friday night at my best friends adorable apartment in the city, which happened to be super-close to the venue. On Saturday morning we hit the ground running... literally. I don't think I did anything at a normal pace on the day of the wedding. Everything was at hyper-speed. I completed all the decorations for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception just in the nick of time. If my bestie hadn't been there for support there is NO WAY I could have gotten everything done. In the end, it all came together beautifully.


Here is the piece you were able to see sneak-peek style last week. It was a hand-painted banner that two groomsmen unfurled at the close of the ceremony, right after the reverend announced them as MR. and MRS. for the first time! It is exactly what every bride wants to hear at the close of her wedding, "...and they lived happily ever after." It was an exciting moment for all! I was very happy with the way it looked and was presented... minus the groomsmen holding it crooked. Oh well, we can't win them all.

After the ceremony and cocktail hour the guests were directed to the first floor of the venue where they were greeted by the one and only Elvis and Priscilla Presley. The layout of the place cards was an idea I had during the planning process, that we took to the next level with the dolls. All of the Brides guests had place cards on the Priscilla table, with the Groom's guests respectively with Elvis.

One of the most fun, and tasty, decorations to set up for display was the delectable candy bar. Everything was color appropriate with the exception of the Elvis edition Reese's Peanut Butter cups. They didn't match the color scheme but they were gone in a blink. Doesn't this pic just make you want beautiful pink junk food?
Lastly, I would like to give a big shout out to the bride, her family and bridesmaids. It was a pleasure to work with such beautiful and sweet women... thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a part of such a profound and memorable day! It was an experience I will not soon forget!!!

No comments: