11.06.2008

Past Paintings

I would like to start posting images of past completed works so that I have a full and well rounded body of work online for you all to see. You can really get a feel for an artist's style when you see all of their pieces lined up and juxtaposed. I can't avoid mentioning that it is helpful for me as well, or any young artist to occassionally see a cumulative collection of their work. It gives you a sense of where you have strengths and weaknesses as well as helping you to harness your personal aesthetic. The first painting, BodyLines (acrylic on canvas), was actually inspired by the logo for the no-longer-in-business Wachovia bank. It hung in my entryway for a long time... too long actually. But now that it is off the wall I miss seeing it.
The second painting I am including today is titled Lovers Allegory (acrylic and collage on glass). I painted this for my husband when we first started dating. Now it hangs in a nook by our dining room. It was a challenge working with glass and trying to create a collage that would allow light to pass through, but in the end it was rewarding. There are wires that are twisted around the entire painting that function as hooks and allow me to hang it easily.

Today's Useless Trivia:
Yesterday I got so caught up in my top ten list that I forgot to give you your random tidbit... so today you get two!
1. A "sysygy" occurs when all the planets of the our Solar System line up.
2. The ZIP in zip code stands for "Zone Improvement Plan."

4 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

Beautiful work! :o)

LadyRed said...

Thank you!!

Eileen Chong said...

I love your work, especially the first one -- I wonder if you would be amenable to discussing prices?

LadyRed said...

E(ileen), Thank you so much! I would be happy to work on a piece just for you!!