11.09.2008

TerrorTerror911

As I mentioned before, I would like to have a complete body of work available online. Here is a piece (Terror,Terror911 Acrylic on Poster Board) that dates itself. Unlike most of my other pieces, I do not enjoy reminiscing over my days spent completing this painting. Part of the beauty of any artistic outpouring is that for the both the creator and viewer/reader/listener it can often evoke a very specific memory linked to a very specific feeling or very specific point in time. Art, no matter your medium, is always personal.

Today's Useless Trivia:

The cost to build the Empire State Building was $40,948,900.

2 comments:

Andrea Eames said...

This is amazing.

What I like about it is that it not only evokes the terror of the actual event, but the way the word 'terror' was shouted at everyone for so long afterwards and became an excuse to do so many other things.

Andrea xx

LadyRed said...

Thanks Andrea! You are spot on!! The language used by the media completely changed after the attacks. Even as this current election passes fear and terror are used as tools to manipulate our actions.