2.15.2010

Valentines for Three... Make that four

The phrase goes, "And baby makes three". This clearly overlooks couples who already have children of the four-legged variety. It just so happens that Valentines day is the anniversary of the day we got Jet. It was five years ago and he was just a cute litte pup. Now he's a big vicious beast. To celebrate we gave him a doggie granola bar, which he became very protective over. Here is little Jet holding his "chewnola" like a little cigar.



The human celebration was far more entailed. First a little pink champagne... my favorite. How could anyone dislike a drink that is so pretty and fizzy?
Next, a most delicious frittata with red peppers, goat cheese and scallions, accompanied by perfectly crisped rye toast with butter. It is so lovely to have a husband that loves to cook and is great at it.
Here is the entire set up... did I mention I got a dozen long stem red roses? It is my birth flower in my favorite color.
Lastly, breakfast dessert: Crepes stuffed with a blueberry blackberry filling topped with a sweetened Greek Yogurt and fresh raspberries. In spite of my deep love of goat cheese with eggs, this was my favorite part of breakfast. It gave me goosebumps it was so good, and it was surprisingly light. Unless you eat three of them.

After brunch my fantasic husband let me take a nice long lazy afternoon nap to counteract all of the late night feedings. All in all it was one of the best Valentines days I have ever had... other than when we got that cute little K9 of mine. This time around we were able to stare at that adorable babe we made. I must say... life is good. Exhausting, but good.

Today's Random Trivia:

Raspberries come in four colors: red, purple, gold or black. Gold is the sweetest of these varieties.

No comments: