1.15.2010

Oh, How I’ve Missed You

For those of you who regularly tuned in to my blog, I owe a great apology. This past April I enjoyed momentous and exciting changes in my life. I found out I was pregnant! At the onset, I was ready to face pregnancy and enjoy every minute, expecting to plan and create wonderful things for my soon-to-arrive little one. How silly and naive I was! I had NO idea how much pregnancy would take out of me and what a toll it would have on my once lovely body. (Note: If you are having body issues, no matter how big or small, once you're pregnant you will look at your old body like you were a Victoria’s Secret model!) Two weeks prior to finding out about my pregnancy I started a new position with a title company, which also took an unexpected toll on my body. So, with my body working over time making a baby, and intensified stress levels at work I found blogging to be, well, an impossibility. Honestly, it was all I could do to stay awake past 8:00 most nights. My weekends consisted of registering, planning, painting, prepping and getting ready for baby. Here I am, about to burst like an overfed tick, and I’m finally getting around to letting the blog world know where I’ve been all these months. Why now? My maternity leave just started! I still have a week or two left before baby, and I plan on kicking my feet up and letting my hands stay busy doing what I love: Creating! If you’re interested, here’s a quick update of what the last nine plus months have looked like for me.


Week 13:Week 17: Week 20: Week 24:

Week 28:

Week 30:
Week 32:

Week 34: Week 37:


Currently, I'm at the 38 Week mark. Way past the point of being comfortable. At first the belly is cute, then it becomes cumbersome and heavy. If you are still enjoying pregnancy at 38 weeks, you really deserve a medal. On a daily basis I am torn between pleasure and torture. The kicks that were once so precious are now painful sharp jabs to the ribs, but just when I begin to barter with my belly I realize I need to soak up every last minute of quite-self time remaining. Pretty soon it will all have vanished and I will be sleep deprived and covered in spit-up.

So that's it. That's where I've been. Off in the real world being knocked-up. Hopefully I will have time in the next days to post on the few projects I have been able to complete over the last months. Sorry again for my absence... it's hard to feel cute when you're pregnant, even when there is something so cute growing in your belly.

Today's Random Trivia:

A Hummingbird can flap its wings at 80 times per second, causing an audible humming sound. Due to the unique structure of their wings they can fly up, down, left, right, backwards and even upside down. They can also hover by flapping their wings in a figure-eight pattern.

2 comments:

lgiove said...

Mrs. Baker you are a-dorable!!! I can't wait to meet baby baker! :)

LadyRed said...

Julia M.
Thank you! I couldn't be more excited!

lgiove
Meet him?! You mean officially become an aunt?