1.22.2010

Three Days and Counting

First things first. Today I had my favorite food of all. Cheeseburger and fries. I realized I had a new competition on my hands. Fatburger or Five Guys.


The true and only pure answer: Five Guys... hands down. Now, moving on.

I finally have a light at the end of the tunnel. Tuesday, January 26, 2010 I will be induced. Baby will arrive soon thereafter. How lovely. Here are the 39 weeks photos. I'm huge and feel like... well like I'm 9 months pregnant. The head on shot doesn't quite show how giant this belly of mine is...

Now do you believe me? No...


How about now?

Now... as promised, some photos of the paintings I did for the nursery. I'm not sure if I mentioned, but the main colors are light blue and charcoal. I thought that would be the perfect combination of baby and adult. I have said since the beginning of this pregnancy that I wanted to skip all the baby cute-sy stuff. After all, the baby isn't really the one enjoying the nursery, I am.




They all look like they are the same size here, but they vary for the small and large animals, from 3x3 to 10x10. I am very happy with the way they turned out and got several compliments. It started as a way to sneak in my red stars, which I didn't want the nursery to be without. What is any room without a splash of red?

And without further adieu, here is the completed teddy bear I made for baby. He turned out pretty cute I think. As with any project there are changes I wish I could make, but there are sure to be plenty more baby projects to come.
Today's Random Trivia:
In 1986 the first Five Guys Burgers and Fries opened in Arlington Virginia. They have since been given a plethora of awards including "Readers Choice #1 Burger" by the Washingtonian Magazine '99 through '08. They have since opened over 450 locations in 30 states. There are over 250,000 ways to order a burger. Lastly, you will never see a freezer in a Five Guys, only refrigerators... NOTHING is frozen.
Today's Suggestion:
If there isn't a Five Guys near you... drive to one, no matter how far. Even if it is states away. It will SO be worth it.

1 comment:

Ken S Blognation said...

Yes we have Five Guys down here in Atlanta. Love that place. First time I was there, didn't know that the regular burger comes with two patties, and the bag full of fries. Oh my, Heaven!!! Cool blog!!
Ken