1.23.2010

And the To-Do List Dwindles

I am running out of things to do before baby arrives. Good thing because he is almost here! Bad thing because it only reminds me that it is scary close... and all the anxieties of motherhood come rushing forward. Not that I'm filled with anxiety, but Labor and delivery is certainly a daunting task. Followed by parent hood, which me the the Motherload of daunting tasks.

Every day that I plan to relax my list gets in the way. I find myself often saying "After I get this done I'll be TOTALLY ready." Then after the task is complete I add something else to the list. Today was really my last day to get away with this though. Tomorrow my husband has us inundated with football related activities (I'll throw in a Go Jets! just for him). Monday is really my last day to relax before D-day. So, other than a nice relaxing walk with the Hubs and the Beagle I really want to do nothing but put my feet up! Tuesday, of course is D-day. Being induced is nice because I can plan... and I am a planner. But I'm a little sad I'll be missing out on any "Honey I think this is it!" conversation. Or waking up the Hubs in the middle of the night to let him know my water broke and we need to frantically rush to the hospital. Oh well... maybe next time!

So, with a lack of photos taken today I thought I'd do a nice art post on one of my favorite artists. I stumbled on her website a couple of years ago and am now addicted. If this pregnancy were bringing me a girl, her room certainly would have been graced by an Audrey Kawasaki knock-off that I would have tried to recreate on my own. Her work is so ethereal and inspirational. It's like looking into a past dream that you know you had but can't quite remember. I may have posted on her in the past, but she has so many lovely pieces, and her work is so enchanting I can't resist today.



I especially love this one because it reminds me of my favorite childhood movie Labrynth. David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly. Anyone else seen this? Essentially I can recite it line for line, but I'm not sure I should be proud to admit that. I have seen it more times than I can count. As soon as I get home with baby we will be watching it together!

Random Trivia today is inspired by an overly involved and perfectly random conversation I had with on of my dearest friends over the human placenta. I didn't think there was much to discuss... turns out I was oh so wrong.
Today's Random Trivia:
Some cultures bury the placenta for various reasons. The Maori of New Zealand traditionally bury the placenta from a newborn child to emphasize the relationship between humans and the beach. Similarly, the Navajo bury the placenta and the umbilical cord beneath a specially chosen tree, in the hopes that the baby will take on the characteristics of that tree.

3 comments:

Andrea Eames said...

HUGE congratulations! You look wonderful. :) And I hope these next few days are stress-free and glorious.

Andrea xx

lgiove said...

You remind me of the babe. What babe? Babe with the power. What power? Power of vodoo. Who do? You do. Do what? Remind of the babe :)

LadyRed said...

Andrea... Thanks for stopping by! I hope the next few days are stress-free and glorious as well ; )

Lgiove... you are AWESOME!