3.08.2010

Oscar Night Faves

So, who watched the Oscars? Usually I don't stay up past the first few awards, but this year it was easy due to a nursing baby. Here were my highlights:

Carey Mulligans hair... is it any surprise that I love this? Super cute, and I love the contrast between the earrings and the hair. Her hair is boyish and delicate while her jewelry is feminine and chunky.
This may be because I'm partial to funny ladies, but I loved Tina Fey's look, even though I don't normally gravitate towards black for a formal event.

Seriously, Helen Mirren is gorgeous. Her look proves that you can be age appropriate, stunning and sexy all at the same time.

I know that later I'll regret giving a nod to Miley Cyrus, but I just love this dress.
Some of my other faves were Monique, JLo and Elizabeth Banks. My tip top favorite of the night went to the winner for costume design: Sandy Powell. Her look was vintage and modern at the same time. It was colorful and most importantly it stood out from all the other cookie cutter gowns with poof and trains and tight boob busting bodices. I can't find any pics online though, so if anybody finds one, please send the link my way.
Today's Random Trivia:
The only "Oscar" to win an Oscar was Oscar Hammerstein II for Best Song in 1941 and 1945.

No comments: