12.08.2008

Christmassing

I spent most of my weekend making tids and bits, but most fun of all was Christmassing on Sunday. But first, let's deal with Saturday.

Saturday I had the pleasure of attending a friends baby shower. She is having a boy and requested that each guest bring one of their favorite child hood books for the new baby. I had no problem picking a book, Where the Wild Things Are seemed like the perfect choice, but the rest was a little tricky. I tend to avoid registries, which I hate as a gift-receiver, but love as a gift-giver. I decided to do something a little more fun: tie-dye. Now, what's more fun than that? Well, lot's of things, but tie-dye is pretty darn fun. Even more so when it's baby clothes. Here are the results:
And my favorite onesie:

And the lovely gift basket that I called the finished product.

Hopefully the Mother-to-Be enjoyed receiving her basket as much as I loved creating it!
On Sunday I spent the day Christmassing all over the house. But is it Christmassy enough? I'll let you be the judge. I love the way my tree came out this year... although I never met a Christmas tree I didn't like!

Problem: Display holiday cards in a easy way that shows them all off.
Solution: Garland + Clothespin + Creativity=



Today's Useless Trivia:
According to a 2002 survey approximately 28 million American dog-owners will give a Christmas gift to their poochie pal.
On a side note, you are in for a treat this Christmas, my dog LOVES opening presents!

3 comments:

Andrea Eames said...

Am filled with Christmas cheer now :)

Julita said...

Wow. I'm thrilled to have found your blog, and felt the need to post because I was very impressed with your tie dye gift basket. What a fabulous finished piece it was! If only everyone took the time to be so thoughtful! (I know, I know. Not many of us have the time.)

D.K.Fisher said...

Love your idea for the christmas cards. Will remembert that for next year. Cool!